This article was initially published in 2020 and updated in 2021. Working from home was once only a possibility for a select few jobs. But because modern technology has really... Read More
We’re Here For You
During this period of universal change, businesses now more than ever need to make sure they’re set up for success financially, legally, and culturally. We want to make sure you have the tools to navigate your changing business needs. We’ve put together a list of resources below that will help you as you look to cut spend, boost work from home productivity, and more.
How to Cut Business Costs
- Explore your rent relief options
- Learn why you may want to sublease your office space – and how to do so
- Post any extra office space on PivotDesk: PivotDesk is an online marketplace that connects businesses trying to either find or advertise shared office space options. It helps companies recoup office overheads while offering affordable space to businesses looking for desks.
- Learn how to get out of your commercial lease, pain free
- Understand your lease workout options: Learn what your options are for short-term lease adjustments that accommodate your current business needs and circumstances.
- Determine whether you qualify for Paycheck Protection Program loans
- See what small business grants you can apply for
- Explore your options with SquareFoot
How to Make Sure Your Business is Protected
- Determine what kind of business insurance coverage your company needs
- Think about whether you want to extend your office lease: If your lease expiration date is coming up in the next few months, it’s a good time to evaluate whether you want to re-negotiate, extend, or terminate your office lease.
How to Navigate Working From Home
- Understand the pros and cons of flexible work-from-home opportunities
- Read these 12 essential work-from-home tips during coronavirus
- Consult our work-from-home productivity checklist
How to Anticipate Change
- Read our President’s white paper on how COVID-19 will impact office demand
- Learn why flexible office space solutions solutions will define the future of work
How to Prepare to Re-Open Your Workplace
- Get tips on preparing to safely re-open your office
- Learn what the post-pandemic workplace will look like
- Learn how employees can commute to work safely — and what the benefits of cycling to work are
- Understand workplace social distancing best practices
- Learn how to manage frequently touched surfaces in the office
- Read our guide on new elevator protocols to follow
- Learn why you should consider implementing outdoor office space