With Los Angeles, CA office space shuttered and stay-at-home advisories in place, Los Angeles companies were advised to work from home for a number of months. As restrictions eased, LA-based... Read More
My crystal ball is broken; the only thing I’m certain of today is uncertainty. We understand that in this changing environment flexibility is key. As your trusted office space advisors, SquareFoot can help with all your office space needs in a number of ways:
Safety Protocols For In-Person Office Space Tours.
On June 22nd 2020 NYC entered into Phase 2 of reopening. SquareFoot brokers are excited to be able to resume in-person office tours. Our brokers are adhering to strict guidelines outlined by the state to ensure your safety.
Here are the steps we are taking:
- PPE: Both brokers and tenants are asked to wear face coverings at all times throughout the tour;
- Social distancing: SquareFoot brokers and landlord agents will maintain a distance of six feet or more during tours with clients;
- Elevator usage: Brokers are advised to take separate elevators on tours from their clients. Similarly, whenever tight quarters present themselves, brokers will suggest moving separately to accommodate the spaces they encounter;
- Partnering with landlords: Every landlord operates differently, so SquareFoot has committed to ensure that everyone we bring into a building will feel safe;
- Planning ahead: Nobody wants to discover any surprises on a tour. SquareFoot will distribute touring guidelines 24 hours in advance of an office tour, alerting both landlords and tenants of what to expect.
Online listings and Virtual tours
At this time the health and wellness of our clients and team is our top priority. If you want to avoid in-person touring at this time, we are well-equipped to conduct virtual tours, and available spaces can be found on our listings platform. We’ve got tons of commercial real estate listings available, so if you see a space you like let us know. Our brokers can work with the landlords to bring you more photographs and videos of any spaces that fit your requirements.
We can help you right-size your office and real estate spend.
We are offering advice to clients on potential solutions for cutting real estate spend.
Here are some of the things we have been offering:
- To review and summarize your current lease.
- Advice on whether you can sublease or license excess space, considering both market viability and economic perspective. We can do this for either your entire space or just a portion of it – see PivotDesk below.
- Guidance on opportunities to renegotiate your lease to reduce costs immediately whether or not your space is up for renewal.
We are extending this free service to any tenant who needs advice on any aspect of their commercial real estate.
Flexible lease solutions
For some businesses the search for new office space has already recommenced. Your lease agreement may be coming to a close, or you may have evolving business needs that set you on track for a new office space. We understand that things are in a state of flux and we have solutions that can help.
FLEX by SquareFoot offers our clients lease term flexibility and office services typically only provided by coworking operators.
If you are just looking for a few desks or want to rent extra desks in your current or new office – Airbnb style – our exclusive offering, PivotDesk has you covered.
Navigating office space requirements during COVID-19
Like you we continue to monitor the latest news about the coronavirus so we can do our best to support all our clients’ needs.
I understand that this is an uncertain time for everyone. We’re living it ourselves here at SquareFoot. Our team and I standby as your trusted advisors and are around anytime to answer questions and help guide the way.
Whatever your situation we have the solution. Take care.
CEO & Founder, SquareFoot